What is the Mentorship Program?
It is a voluntary project for both the mentor and the mentee that we have developed so that you can benefit from the business life experiences of Haliç University graduates or someone who is working as a professional from the same department as you. It is a good opportunity for students to develop their network and get to know the business world.
Mentors are not personal coaches or trainers. They do not set mentees' goals or what they should do. In summary, mentors do not decide for you. You can watch the video for more detailed information.
Mentee (Student) Application Requirements
• GPA of 2.00 and above
• For the students who meet the above condition,
click here for the mentee application, except for the preparatory students.
Mentor (Graduate) Application Requirements
• Having a minimum of 3 years of active work experience
• Voluntarily set aside time for the program and conduct the meetings online or face-to-face
• Persons who meet the above conditions, click here for mentorship application.
Benefits of Being a Mentee
• Accelerates the career development process.
• Receives help and feedback.
• Professional and personal development accelerates.
• A sense of self-confidence develops.
• Awareness of business life increases.
Roles and Responsibilities of Mentees
• Organizing the meetings appointments according to the mentor's time
• Identifying personal and professional development areas after the meetings
• Remembering that this is a process of development and mutual learning.
• Not to abuse the mentor-mentee relationship within the framework of confidentiality and ethical rules.
Roles and Responsibilities of Mentors
• Shares their experiences from an objective point of view to facilitate the mentee's needs and goals.
• It builds its relationship with the mentee on trust by complying with the principles of confidentiality.
• Acts with the mentee on issues such as meeting place and time.
Benefits of Being a Mentor
• A sense of professional and personal satisfaction develops
• Captures the opportunity to transfer knowledge
• Knows the next generation better
Note: After the pairings, a notification e-mail will be sent to the parties.